Monday, April 6, 2015

"I SAW" by Colin Mulholland

"I Saw"
(Art ("Free Ramsey Orta") and Poem) by Colin Mulholland

I saw my fellow man in danger,
I saw my fellow man die.
I watched as the NYPD,
Strangle him alive.
I used my rights as a fellow American,
To alert the world of danger.
Now to constant struggle,
In my life is no stranger.
They follow me,
They Accuse me,
Waiting for a slip.
Until the day they caught me,
Carrying an unregistered clip.
The second amendment has been impeded,
The laws are not the same.
So now I cannot protect myself,
From the criminally insane.
I sit in a cell,
I sit in a living hell,
The food is spiked with poison.
The food is now an enemy,
I'd rather starve to death,
Than know they're out to get me.
What I did I thought was right,
What was right I thought I did.
I filmed my fellow brother die,
Now the world cannot forgive.
The cops are out to get us,
The cops are out for blood.
The cops are too fucking scared,
Cos we are capable of...
Knowledge for power,
Plans of revolution.
It's time to end the violence,
It's time for evolution.

This poem is written and dedicated to Ramsey Orta. The 22 year old from New York City now in Riker's Island Prison for video taping the NYPD choking Eric Garner to death. Orta's case is only proof that America is becoming more and more of a massive police state, powered by president Obama's war on journalistic freedom.




No comments:

Post a Comment